Sunday, 7 September 2014

Rats.

So I'm aware I haven't posted in a while but I'm not going to say sorry this time.

I basically haven't posted out of consideration for my readers.

NOTHING INTERESTING HAS BEEN HAPPENING IN MY LIFE!

Like seriously, I have been caught in a rut of work, eat, watch soaps, sleep, repeat, for the last 3 weeks at least. 

I have taken on some extra freelance work writing for an online magazine called The Metropolist (www.themetropolist.com) and have so far published 2 articles with them, so that has killed a few nights, but honestly, there has been nothing catastrophic/fantastic/mildly amusing to report.

This past week however has been rather an odd one in my little working world. Not one, but THREE of my colleagues have either left the company, or announced they are leaving.

As they used to say: "when the rats start to jump ship..." maybe it is time to think about moving on too?

By no means am I suggesting there is anything wrong with the company, I just find it hard to imagine working without some of my fellow compadres who I have grown incredibly fond of over the last 5 months.

Also, I have made no secret of my homesickness for the North East and have harboured a desire to return home someday from pretty much day one!

So I've been job hunting.

As I quite well expected, there is not much work in my specific field going up in Newcastle.

Thus far, I have found one job worth applying for and I have done everything possible to try and ensure I get an interview, but it's difficult to know exactly what these places are looking for in a candidate.

If all else fails, I have told my parents I am quite willing to take any job that comes my way, even if it is outside of my expertise, just so I can come home.

I even joked that I would train to become a lion tamer or a cleaner... But in hindsight I really wouldn't. 

All I can do is pray and hope that something good comes of this job application, or that over the coming months until the end of my contract, more jobs will come available.

The inevitable move further south to find work is seeming closer and closer, but until the point of desperation comes, I will do everything I can not to succumb to it!

As ever, I will report any advancements.

L x

No comments:

Post a Comment