Anyone who knows me could tell you that I'm not exactly what you might call a "foodie".
I've actually got real issues with food. For starters, I'm a vegetarian with a severe nut allergy, so let's just say my diet is fairly limited.
Secondly, I'm the worst cook in the world.
I repeatedly burn toast, set my microwave alight, and wind up ordering takeaways I can't really afford.
A fictional hero of mine once said: "You don't understand. The only thing I have ever made in the kitchen, is a mess".
This statement well and truly applies to me tonight!
After months of living on a menu of pasta, cheese toasties, and jacket potatoes stuck on repeat, I am BORED of mealtimes.
So tonight I decided to attempt something a little more adventurous and well out of my culinary comfort zone.
Vegetarian sausage, mash, peas and gravy.
Yes, I can almost hear the snorts of laughter coming from you as you read that, you may have just sprayed your own tea all over your iPhone in disbelief, but for me, this is a major step forward!
And just look at the result...
I've got a way to go to being Jamie Oliver, but by god it tasted good!
Even my parents were impressed...
L x


No comments:
Post a Comment