Friday, 8 August 2014

Peter Pan.

Thick twiney threads of dust and dirt scale the edge of the platform, like many filthy spiders legs caught in the breeze of a passing train.

Not my train.

A couple comes to stand right in front of me, whispering (not so discreet) sweet nothings to each other in a language I don't understand, rubbing noses like Eskimos.

I'm getting really irritated now.

My train is delayed. First it was 20 minutes... Then another 10 then another 5... Here I am 40 minutes later still standing on platform 12D waiting for a train home that doesn't seem to want to come, watching the flashes of lightning overhead illuminate the packed out platform.

At least it has given me time to reflect on my manic week.

The first big bit of news is that I finally signed a contract which extends my internship until December.

I thought that this would subsequently leave me homeless by October as I only signed a 6 month lease on my flat.

Piece of good news number 2 came via email from my landlord yesterday, he's going to let me stay on until Christmas.

Halle-fricking-lujah! I don't have to move in with any smelly students!

Also, my project at work which has taken up much of my time since April is finally all coming together, and is looking more brilliant than I ever imagined it could be.

Quite a whirlwind week!

A friend of mine is getting married tomorrow, this has brought it home to me still how far I have to go on this road to "growing up", but I can safely say, this week I have felt very mature.

The level of responsibility resting on my shoulders is incredible but I feel ridiculously on top of things!

That's a first!

Oh, the train is here...

L x

No comments:

Post a Comment