Wednesday, 17 September 2014

A&E.

In my mind, a trip to A&E is only meant for those people who have been unlucky enough to trap their heads in buckets, or fall drunkenly into the path of a taxi, not for things that doctors can sort out with the wave of a magic prescription.

Unfortunately however, I found myself sat in Leeds General's A&E department on Tuesday evening for a delightful 2 hours.

I've been trying to get a doctors appointment about my asthma for the last fortnight now, and the unhelpful receptionist has each time told me that there was no appointments until the following week. 

I thought I was on the mend, but on Tuesday took a turn for the worse simply walking down my street and ended up taking myself to the hospital.

I'm fine, (luckily!) a simple upper lung infection is just kicking my ass and I'm now rasping as if I smoke 60 a day. 

So I've had to take my first sick day from work to get these super strong steroid tablets into my system. The only thing I hate about steroids is, they make you unnecessarily HYPER!

I'm ill for gods sake, I want to sleep and do nothing and lie down. Oh no, my mind may be saying: "kill me now, my chest hurts", whereas my body is screaming "yippee!! Let's tap dance!"

So I've been awake all night for the second time this week, but incredibly, I don't feel like hell (yet).

WTF.

I hate being off sick, I can't help feeling like I'm letting everybody down, plus in my little cave flat, it's easy to get bored of the same 4 walls VERY quickly.

To go back to work today? Or to take another day?

Hmmm...

L x

No comments:

Post a Comment