Or I should really say hello... I have been back in Leeds now for a week and a half so all memories of my little Ibiza soujourn are starting to fade away, along with my tanning effort.
For most, this is the time when the holiday blues would kick in, like mine did when I returned from Gran Canaria earlier in the year.
This time round however, this is not the case.
Because of sensitive details, I am going to sugar coat my recollection of my holiday and tell you simply: we made the best of a bad situation.
Between arguments within the group, pretty much every bar, shop and restaurant being closed and almost getting kicked out of the hotel... Needless to say I've had better holidays.
So now I'm back in reality (almost gladly) and the incessant job searching continues!
I'm probably getting around 5 phone calls a day from various recruitment consultants and agencies, but the majority are about as much use as the proverbial chocolate fireguards.
I'm now up to about 16 applications, 5 rejections and 4 interviews though so progress is being made... Just not necessarily in the right direction!
Job hunting is almost like a full time job in itself, if only I was getting paid to do it after my ordinary working day is done.
In other news, my Yorkshire education is coming along nicely, I can now make a fairly decent cuppa despite not drinking it myself, and I've visited Harrogate!
Another one ticked off the map.
It's well and truly drawing into winter now, it's dark when I wake up, and dark when I leave work.
I've nearly seen all four seasons from my little flat window now, I will be sorry to go before I've seen Christmas but you never know!
L x
No comments:
Post a Comment