When you're on such a limited time frame, it's hard to get to spend any kind of quality time with anyone because there is always a hundred things to do.
So I feel very blessed that I have a whole week off over the Christmas period to spend some actual time with my nearest and dearest, rather than feel like I'm rushing to see everyone I have to see before I head back South.
Today has been amazing. I don't think anything can beat a proper family Christmas.
After a traditional boozy Christmas Eve in the home town, celebrations this morning started late with a rather fuzzy head.
It was nothing that Christmas dinner couldn't solve though, and Prosecco, and cake... And some chocolates and then some more cake...
Basically I'm in a Christmas food coma.
Twice today I have physically had to lie down on the floor, and I even had to take a nap in the middle of the day.
Hangover or no hangover, I think I may be starting to feel my age!
So here I am, tucked up in bed in my fluffy panda pyjamas, happy as a clam because I got to watch the Downton Abbey Christmas special (yes, I am that tragic) and all there is really left to say is, MERRY CHRISTMAS!
I hope Santa was good to each and every one of you!
L x
No comments:
Post a Comment