When I first made the move to Leeds back in April, I left home for the first time, changed cities, and started a new job all on the same day.
This week, I have accepted a new job, ended a relationship and handed in my tenancy notice with my landlord...
WTF IS WRONG WITH ME?!
Yes I must be mad! But onwards and upwards so they say!
Although I am yet to sign on the dotted line, I have accepted a job offer from a ridiculously prosperous Leeds based company who specialise in hosting networking events for local businesses.
It's a fantastic opportunity for me which I just couldn't afford to turn down. Of course, this means I'm leaving my fantastic icelolly family behind...
They know I'm devastated, but hopefully we can all keep in touch, they've been my whole Leeds world this year!
The parents have mixed feelings about my decision not to come home, but I know they're 110% behind me no matter what and just want me to be happy, which I really think I'm starting to be!
I've had a fab weekend in Leeds, a messy night out on Friday, followed by a severe hangover and a bonfire party on Saturday, and then a trip to the Royal Armouries (a Leeds institution so I'm told!) followed by more alcohol consumption today.
I think it's fair to say I'm on my way to becoming a real leodiensian or "loiner".
I doubt I will ever lose my stupid Cheryl Cole-esque accent but I'm willing to call this place home for now.
For the first time in a while, I'm excited about things to come.
L x

No comments:
Post a Comment