So here I am... In my pjs, in bed, in a travelodge, in Leeds!
Moving day finally arrived after what feels like years of planning and packing. It is the day that I have been simultaneously dreading and looking forward to for so long, it's arrival and passing has been rather a blur.
After finishing off the final bits of packing (including safely transferring my goldfish Dora and Sunny into a travel sized tank suitable for adventure), I caught the train from Newcastle to Leeds with my one way ticket.
I'm not going to lie, I cried like a baby for the first 20 minutes after I said goodbye to my Dad on the platform. I then cried some more as I battled to get my "train friendly" suitcase into the overhead storage and nobody offered to help.
However, as the train sped towards Leeds I really started to look forward to the adventure ahead.
Tomorrow is new job and flat move-in day so it's a pretty big one on my little life calendar so far. The parents are driving down with my endless boxes and bags of stuff to help me with the transition, then I have to say goodbye to them all over again!
It's going to be emotional.
Wish me luck!
L x

No comments:
Post a Comment