Sunday, 11 January 2015

The House Project.

I'm officially into my fourth week as a resident of the ugly house. 

In addition to my original ugmates (yes, we're coining that!) Kate and Josh, we now have a fourth ugmate Laura who has become my next door neighbour, so I no longer have a floor to myself, which is kinda nice!

It's taking a bit of time, but I feel like I might be starting to settle in. The only thing that is REALLY going to make me start calling ugly house "home" is finally sorting out my room.

BANG.



It's really something isn't it?

It's too blue to be true (if you can pardon the terrible pun). Who the hell thought THAT was a good colour for a bedroom wall!?

In all honesty, I got off lightly in comparison to some of the other rooms in the house. We have a room which is green and orange, and another which is dark purple with a dark green tiled fireplace, now commonly known amongst the ugmates as "The Joker's" room where the WiFi lives.

Are you starting to picture the grand scale of the ugliness of ugly house?

It really is a beaut.

The wall isn't exactly giving me sleepless nights like the students next door, but the whole room could do with a little TLC to help it feel like mine.

So I've been shopping!



Now I'm no DIY queen, and I'm more at home in stilettos than up a step ladder, but I'm gonna give this a whirl.

My mission is to paint one wall a night this week, starting with just plain white to cover the blue then adding the colour. Apparently that's how the pros do it!

I'll make an interior design guru out of me yet! I may just need all the luck in the world not to fall on my face in my tray of emulsion...

Project de-blue is a go-go!

L x

No comments:

Post a Comment