I'm getting really really bad with this. Apologies again if anyone has been waiting with bated breath for the next instalment of my humdrum little life...
Somehow I doubt this.
Truth is, I've been on my jolly holidays! First, a weekend away with my wolf pack in a caravan in Scarborough (it was very, "carry on camping", followed by a week in sunny Gran Canaria.
Yes I live a charmed life...
It wasn't until I was on the plane coming back from holiday number 2 that it kind of occurred to me how long it had been since I updated my blog.
It's funny what lack of sleep, vodka-over-indulgence and too much sun can do to the brain. I was going to use this post to write something really poetic and airy fairy about flying at night... But sod it. People like facts!
So here goes... I've now been back a week, my goldfish has died and so far, I've really struggled to readjust back into reality.
Work has been crazy busy this week, and already I can feel my tan deserting me. 'Holiday blues' isn't strong enough a phrase to describe how I've been feeling.
Cadburys dairy milk has been a great comfort, as has the endless amounts of Emmerdale and Coronation Street I've had to catch up on. It's always nice to see someone else, (even a fictitious character) having a worse time of things than you.
So here I find myself on the train back to Leeds after a weekend at home with the family and friends (and pooch), listening to the Spice Girls greatest hits of all things, in order to put a small smile on my face.
Oh nineties cheese! You beauty!
Somewhere I think there might be a World Cup final happening? Because it's a particularly quiet train tonight. Probably a good thing because it means no one can overhear the absolutely abominable music blaring from my headphones.
It's taking all my self restraint not to do the dance moves.
Anyways... In less tragic news I've made a life decision, I'm going to write a book. I've had a few ideas floating around in my pea brain for a while now, but one in particular has overtook the other in clarity, so I'm going to give it a go.
Hopefully I will have more dedication to that project than this blog!
L x
No comments:
Post a Comment