Tuesday, 18 March 2014

3 weeks and counting...

 
So the countdown has begun! It is now just 3 weeks until I make my move to Leeds to start life in the real world as an intern. I have handed my notice in at both of my part-time jobs up North, and have started absent-mindedly online shopping for things like toasters and electric blankets, which I never thought I would find pleasure in! 
 
Coming from the girl who used to save up her wages for months just to splurge on a pair of Kurt Geiger stiletto heels; dancing around Wilkinsons because a 12-piece, purple floral print dinner set was reduced to £20 was certainly not something I would have seen myself doing just a few months back. But it happened.
 
 
All of this utensil shopping is all well and good... given I find myself somewhere to live first!
 
 
Since finding out I had got the job last Tuesday, my life has become a blur of emails and endless web searches for the perfect flat. The problem is, I'm a bit of a snob sometimes and I'm waaaaaay too picky to have such a limited budget, so I've given myself a problem. Bearing in mind I don't know the city of Leeds at all, I figured I wanted to be as close to the centre as possible because then I can walk to work on the Park Row rather than risk getting lost on a bus or accidentally driving to London. I set myself a fairly naïve budget of £350pcm to rent a place, however this has been slowly but surely driven up daily, by the sheer lack of search results which ticked all of my must-have boxes.
 
Close to the centre? Tick. Transport links? Tick. Nice bathroom with shower? Tick. Modern kitchen? Tick. Parking facilities? If possible, tick.
 
It's not like I'm asking for much...
 
So I'm off down to Leeds with my good friend N to have a look at my shortlisted 3 studio apartments on Thursday. I've got no idea if any of them are going to be "the one" but I'm certainly hoping so!
 
Until then...
 
L x
 


No comments:

Post a Comment